Danger, inconceivable sights, eye-watering beauty. The world is full of endless treasures, too many to possibly experience in just one lifetime. But we have to see at least some of it. To aid in this daunting task the “bucket list” was created: the comprehensive list of everything we want to do before we kick the bucket.
Traveling is at the top of most bucket lists, and we’re sure it’s the same for Global Discovery Vacations members. So over the next five weeks, we’re going to share 50 remarkable bucket-worthy things to do or places to see, inspired by our resort destinations. And if you share yours, you could win a FREE Expressway Week to hopefully cross something off of your list!
Check out these 10 now and look for more every Tuesday over the next four weeks. And be sure to find out how you can win a vacation from Global Discovery Vacations below!
1. Take a gander at the ancient apartments at Montezuma Castle, near Flagstaff Arizona. Thanks to member Amy D. for pointing this one out!
2. And what Arizona vacation would be complete without a trip to the Grand Canyon. While you’re at it, take the scenic Pink Jeep Tour from Sedona.
3. Walk among the geysers of Yellowstone National Park. Yellowstone sits inside of an exploded volcano crater and the park holds most of the world’s geysers.
4. Drive Route 66. From Santa Monica, California, to Illinois, this iconic highway covers 2,500 miles and eight states. It’s a great way to see half of the country and check out a couple of our resorts along the way.
5. Swim with the pigs in the Bahamas. Yes, their pigs are a unique breed.
6. Taste wine and spot some giant redwoods in Napa Valley, California. The ocean helps produce a fruitful environment for sommeliers and redwood trees. The coastal redwoods are the tallest living organisms on the planet, standing at 300-plus feet tall.
7. Climb a 14er. Fourteen thousand feet above sea level can be painful, but so rewarding.
8. Watch the wild ponies of Assateague Island National Seashore near Ocean City, Maryland.
9. Catch a fish in Destin, Florida, also known as “The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village.”
10. Take on the Las Vegas Strip, whether you’re a gambling high roller or on the High Roller.
Let us know what you’d like to see or do in your lifetime and you could win one out of two FREE Expressway Weeks!
Two Ways to Enter:
- Tell us what’s on your bucket list and how Global Discovery Vacations can help you get there in the comment section below.
- Post an original photo of accomplishing something from your bucket list on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #GDVBucketList.
We will pick one photo and one comment based on our favorites and send the winners a certificate for a FREE Expressway Week! Winners will be contacted via email.
Restrictions apply. Contest ends Tuesday, February 10, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. CST. No purchase necessary. ALL ENTRIES BECOME THE PROPERTY OF GLOBAL CONNECTIONS AND MAY BE USED FOR PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES.
Come back over the next four weeks to see the rest of our bucket list items!