Whether you expected it or not, our members voted and the results are in for the our Bucket List Bracket champion: Lake Tahoe nudged out Caladesi Island with 52 percent of the votes.
As we said through the course of the bracket, Lake Tahoe is a versatile area, offering bustling ski towns with natural escapes with plenty to do and see.
Since Lake Tahoe is the destination of the hour, here are a collection of posts that show why having a lake, mountains and forests make for a great vacation.
- Member Mia L. celebrated her bachelorette party, birthday and the Fourth of July all in one week in Lake Tahoe.
- Need tips for the winter? Members Elizabeth and Ryan T. have you covered in this classic Member Monday from Lake Tahoe.
- If you want to see some stellar photos of the Sierra mountains, member Michele Y. has some tremendous shots from their stay at the Kingsbury of Tahoe.
- Relaxing by lakes and mountains is just what the doctor ordered for Gina B. and her family.
- How do you achieve the perfect balance between adventure and relaxation? Member Mitch M. shows you how it’s done.
- Top U.S. Global Discovery Vacations Travel Destinations for 2016
- Travel to Forbes’ Best Ski Towns in America with Global Discovery Vacations
- Five Vacation Destinations That Will Make You Love Autumn
- Five Scenic Bike Trails Near Global Discovery Vacations Destinations
The members have spoken, so book your stay at Lake Tahoe (or any of our other bracket destinations) today!
Have you been to Lake Tahoe? Tell us your favorite memories in the comments!