If member Robin J.’s photos of the WIVC Conchas Chinas resort in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, is any indication of her stay, we’d say she had a pretty good vacation. If you’re still not convinced, give her Member Monday a read!
Where would you recommend a fellow member to go to…
Linda Mar at the base of the Conchas Chinas hill for the best overall value. Café Isabel for the sweeping views of the city, especially at night and Restaurant El Set.
The Malecon for both touristy souvenirs and upscale fashions. Beware though, the merchants are in-your-face.
- Snorkeling at Los Arcos. We rented a local panga in Mismaloya for $50 an hour and had a true adventure.
- Walking the Malecon at sunset, viewing the statues, happy hours, shops and Los Muertos Pier.
- Happy hour at The Gin Joint in the Grand Miramar Hotel, high above the WIVC property. Upscale cocktails, ambiance and service at a discount. The view is priceless.
- Strolling along the beach all the way from the beach below the resort to the Malecon. Wear proper shoes for rocks, sand and water. There is a lot to see and the homes are lovely.
- Hanging out by the pool and on our balcony.
What was your favorite…
The property sits high above the coastline with stunning views of the ocean, hillside, beaches and city.
What was your favorite memory of your vacation?
Coming upon a school of 10 spotted eagle rays while snorkeling at Los Arcos.
Any tips for a traveler to this resort or destination? Anything you think they should bring?
This property is located high on the hillside, not on the beach. The property also has many, many stairs so be prepared.
Bring appropriate footwear as the beaches are a little rocky.
Also be aware that Mexico imposes mandatory liability insurance on rental cars, which far exceeds the weekly rental rate. You should also inquire as to the deductible amount. Ours was $10,000 USD, so we got deductible insurance too. Then they impose an 18 percent tax on the whole amount.
Photos courtesy of member Robin J.