Biloxi, Mississippi, is one of the Gulf’s most entertaining hubs with beaches, military history and plenty of casinos. You can bet Global Discovery Vacations member Baron C. took full advantage while staying at the Ocean Club at Biloxi for this week’s Member Monday!
Where would you recommend a fellow member to go to…
There are several eating locations on the strip near the condo. One location I did enjoy was the Golden Nugget Casino, which featured the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant.
The Treasure Island Casino had an excellent buffet, too.
There was a nice mall, Edgewater Mall, a mile from the condo. Also, within 20 minutes is the Gulfport Outlet with multiple shops.
- The beachfront extends at least 20 miles. They offer Sea-Doo rentals and other boating adventures, as well as tours to islands along the Biloxi coast.
- The go-karts were fun, as were tours surrounding the area of local history.
- One hour away in Mobile, Alabama, is the U.S.S. Alabama, a large war ship from the 1940s set on the bay for touring.
- Biloxi is saturated with casinos and miles of beachfront. It’s nestled at a military air force base that allows us to enjoy different helicopters and jets that cruise along the water.
What was your favorite…
- The view from the ninth floor on the west side of the building was breathtaking.
- The resort was very secure and had security outside. It was well lit and the building required a pass key to get in certain rooms.
- It had a nice exercise room.
- I was able to grill my food by the pool.
- The rooms are newer with modern kitchens and furniture.
- It’s well maintained and the residents are very polite and friendly.
- Each unit allows one car in the parking garage.
- The beach is across the street from the resort.
Place to go in the destination:
There are endless things to do nearby if you enjoy the beach and casinos. New Orleans is a 90-minute drive.
Why did you choose this destination? Were you traveling for a special occasion?
I enjoy the beach and the resort looked very classy.
What was your favorite memory of your vacation?
My family enjoying feeding the birds during the sunset.
Any tips for a traveler going to this resort or destination? Anything you think they should bring?
Beach chairs, tanning lotion, family and look to have a fun time.
Spring Break had just started as we were checking out, so be careful if you travel then. It had a little congestion, but it was still nice.
How long have you been a Global Discovery Vacations member?
I have been with Global since 2008.
Why did you join the club?
I was offered to come to a travel club seminar and bought into it. I ended up cancelling my other timeshares.
How many trips have you taken using your membership?
I have been on eight trips.
Why do you think traveling is important?
Travelling is a great experience for all ages. I think it helps to relax you from the life of work, sleep, eat and repeat. It’s a must to explore and enjoy the world.
Photos courtesy of member Baron C.